Among the most popular wedding ideas, a category that many of our New Jersey wedding planners say is an important reception décor element is a beautiful presentation of the wedding favors. With today’s favor trends including edibles such as chocolate truffles, cake pops, and especially New Jersey shore salt water taffy, and with non-edible favors including wine bottle stoppers and other pretty-yet-inexpensive useful take-home gifts, our New Jersey and New York City wedding couples are designing creative, enticing wedding favor displays to complement their reception venue’s décor plan.
Now, there’s a real sense of importance in how the wedding favors will be displayed, so we suggest the following top wedding trends for favor presentation:
Setting Up a Favor Table
- A favor table creates an artistic opportunity for your display, with a top wedding trend of using a gorgeous tablecloth on the wedding favor table. Wedding planners now suggest favor table linens that coordinate with guest table linens for a uniform look, but may be a few shades lighter or darker than the wedding reception hall guest table linens. The tablecloth may be shimmery, embroidered, pearl-dotted or other wedding décor style-matching design, setting a lovely foundation on which the favors will be displayed.
- Place favors on attractive holders, including silver platters, pedestal plates of varying heights and sizes, colorful platters and other flat display surfaces. For the hot trend of help-yourself wedding favor bars, at which guests scoop their choices of chocolates or candies into a container, arrange your favor pieces in coordinating clear, white or colorful bowls.
- For cake pops, lollipops and other edible wedding favors on a stick, our top New Jersey wedding coordinators and our own wedding event planning team suggests displaying dessert pops by inserting the stick end into a decorated piece of Styrofoam that holds them sturdily. Smaller pops have been displayed in bowls filled with graham cracker crumbs, which looks like sand for a beach-theme wedding décor effect.
- If you’ll choose a charitable donation in lieu of wedding favors, display printed tent cards announcing your charitable choice, and it’s become a wedding etiquette Must to place a bowl of chocolates, colorful Jordan almonds, or other candies by these favor cards.
- Individually package any type of favor in creative, origami-style favor boxes, or Asian take-out containers, clear Lucite boxes or other creative packaging that is a hot 2012 wedding trend.
Making Favor Presentation Extra-Special
- One of the top 2012 wedding trends is personalized wedding elements, and in favors the trend is accenting each favor package with a stylish, personalized label showing your monogram or names.
- Display a sign on your favor table, thanking guests for coming and inviting them to select their take-home favors.
- It’s a great wedding etiquette touch to hand-sign each of your favor labels, but if you’re having a large wedding, that may not be realistic.
- A top wedding favor décor trend is affixing tiny crystals to favor packaging for a bit of wedding bling.
- One wedding trend for an extra-elegant touch is to arrange for an attendant to stand at the wedding venue’s exit, handing out favors to departing guests.